Colyton Primary School September 2021 Risk Assessment
Remote Learning Strategy
Please find outlined in this document how we support our children and families during a time of school closure.
National Lockdown January 5th 2021
Please note that the school is now closed to all students apart from key worker families and for vulnerable students.
Please find the latest Government information regarding Coronavirus here. We will update parents with further information when necessary:
What to do if you have symptoms or are worried about symptoms?
If you or your child are exhibiting signs of the Coronavirus, please do not attend school.
You can find some further information on the NHS website or on the government website.
Please see the letter below informing you of the vital changes we are making to our school day in light of the new lockdown.
These are as follows:
1. No visitors will be permitted on the school site unless they are carrying out sessential health and safety work. All visitors and parents will be required to wear a mask, this includes for pick up and drop off of children. (Exempt people please let us know via admin) If you notice a parent not wearing a mask, please be supportive and understanding of their reasons not to. Children do not need to wear a mask.
2. Staff who are on duty at the gates or who you will see at a distance of 2m or less will be wearing a mask. This is because we know that adult to adult transmission is a high risk.
3. Only one parent can drop off or pick up. This is to minimise the number of people who are on site at any one time.
4. Please stick rigidly to the drop off and pick up times. Leave the site as swiftly as possible, follow one way systems and stay away from other parents and families.
5. Communicate to the class teacher via email. Urgent, on the day matters, via the admin email and then other queries to the class email address.
6. Remember that we are keeping classrooms ventilated so extra layers is still ok!
This is not how we normally like to be with parents and families, we pride ourself on being a friendly, open school so we are all finding this tricky but SAFETY IS KEY!