School Logo
First Federation Logo

Interactive Bar

Google Search


Pupil Premium

Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.


What is the Pupil Premium?


Did you know… just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money? Register now to make sure we don’t miss out.


The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’. For every child registered Colyton Primary School gets £1300 this year.


Please register now to make sure your child and others in their class don’t miss out.


How does it work?


  1. First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list on the back of this letter.
  2. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, contact school who will help you to register.
  3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more than £400 a year), and the school gets £953 extra.
  4. If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £953 extra.


No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.


Please talk to us about registering your child today.


Do you qualify?


You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:


  • Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
  • Income Support (IS).
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
  • The guaranteed element of Pension Credit.
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income that does not exceed £16,190).
  • Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).


Come and talk to us if you’re not sure.


How do I apply?


Just fill in the application form on Devon County Council’s website and follow the instructions there.


Alternatively, come into school and we can help you fill it out.

What happens to the money?


We use a three year Pupil Premium strategy, as recommended by the Department for Education, which is reviewed annually.

The documents below explain the use and impact of the funding.